Lost Soldiers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Forum

)Lost*Soldiers(HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KaTeR
Staff
Staff
KaTeR

Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF Empty
PostSubject: Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF   Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Second server started - short cycle of CTF-maps.

IP = 66.55.149.185:23000

In sof2 you'll see it as"Old BYBserver - Lost Soldiers"

It's in the testing period so it's probably not perfect yet (I'm still digging in botroutes and weapon settings, but the rust gets polished Laughing ).
We want to have it smooth by the weekend.

If you have remarks about the settings - things that don't work - etc... plz send me a personal message.
I have time on tuesday- and thursdaynight to get it right (CET).

Greetz,

KaTeR
Geert
Getting crazy bounce
Very Happy

Last edited by KaTeR on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.degrieze.net
Prior_of_the_Ori
Staff
Staff
Prior_of_the_Ori

PostSubject: Re: Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF   Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 am

Contact me for example cfg and weapon file, will explain also how to make a weaponpack without needed d/l. Dumped the BLK2 soundpack in RoCmod I pressume, same goes for custom skins. If I'm at work, relay the message to Mrs. Ori. Don't make to many admins, powers is yours to decide what admins can and can't do (there goes my example cfg).
Current server will be reverted to DM only as I can't get rid of those freaking teamkilling bots.
Greetz,
Ori
Back to top Go down
KaTeR
Staff
Staff
KaTeR

PostSubject: Re: Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF   Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:58 am

Prior_of_the_Ori wrote:
Contact me for example cfg and weapon file, will explain also how to make a weaponpack without needed d/l.

I've made a seperate weapon .pk3.
Will contact you about 19:30 CET on skype.

Off 2 work now after 5 hrs sleep. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prior_of_the_Ori
Staff
Staff
Prior_of_the_Ori

PostSubject: Re: Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF   Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 am

KaTeR wrote:
Prior_of_the_Ori wrote:
Contact me for example cfg and weapon file, will explain also how to make a weaponpack without needed d/l.

I've made a seperate weapon .pk3.
Will contact you about 19:30 CET on skype.

Off 2 work now after 5 hrs sleep. Very Happy
Will make preperations as I'm at work at that time, my gf will be available then, I'll prepare the files she needs to upload to you and if you give her the list of questions I'll work on a solution.
For a weaponpack that isn't pk3, make a folder on the server in RoCmod folder named "ext_data", extract the pk3 and dump the .wpn file in that folder. Players won't have to d/l the weaponspack and you have another setting available. This also makes it easier to make different weaponpacks per map by the use of a cvar g_weaponMod "ext_data/sof2.wpn"
I'll also prepare the botfiles I have, let you decide if you want them.
Botroutes, RoCmod only seems to work with wnt files as far as I can tell. Could have a look in base/mp.pk3....there are botroutes in that file. Sof2files also has a few botroutes but in the end I'dd rather see customized routes. Keep in mind that for a small map it will take at least 2 hours to make a rout.
Greetz,
Ori
Back to top Go down
KaTeR
Staff
Staff
KaTeR

PostSubject: Re: Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF   Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:01 am

[quote="Prior_of_the_Ori]
For a weaponpack that isn't pk3, make a folder on the server in RoCmod folder named "ext_data", extract the pk3 and dump the .wpn file in that folder. Players won't have to d/l the weaponspack and you have another setting available. This also makes it easier to make different weaponpacks per map by the use of a cvar g_weaponMod "ext_data/sof2.wpn"
I'll also prepare the botfiles I have, let you decide if you want them.
Botroutes, RoCmod only seems to work with wnt files as far as I can tell. Could have a look in base/mp.pk3....there are botroutes in that file. Sof2files also has a few botroutes but in the end I'dd rather see customized routes. Keep in mind that for a small map it will take at least 2 hours to make a rout.
Greetz,
Ori[/quote]

NP, I'll take a look at the files.

Small remark: Players don't have to load the pack. The .pk3 I made is only serverside and contains already a .wpn file.
Normally the detailed behaviour of all weapons can be found in the therest.pk3. The standard one is 64MB, wich I found to large to handle, so I made a new one of 6KB and reffered to it in the cfg-files. Much easier to handle in FTP.

The botfiles/routes I use are indeed .wnt. The botroutes I have are identical to the ones Tricky used and come from JediKnight.
I have several for CTF, TDM, DM, INF, DEM, etc...
Back to top Go down
MacWizz

MacWizz

PostSubject: Re: Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF   Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 3:24 pm

just to make you know, i got bot route for hf_subway_ctf from goldrush and i have made one for mp_jor3_ctf. If needed just ask me to send, telling me, to who i have to send it.
Back to top Go down
KaTeR
Staff
Staff
KaTeR

PostSubject: Re: Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF   Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:03 pm

MacWizz wrote:
just to make you know, i got bot route for hf_subway_ctf from goldrush and i have made one for mp_jor3_ctf. If needed just ask me to send, telling me, to who i have to send it.

First: thx for the effort. cheers

I have the botroute for Subway.
If the jor3.ctf-route has extension .wnt = it's welcome!!

You can send it to kater069@hotmail.com.

Greetz & thx,

KaTeR
Geert
Back to top Go down
KaTeR
Staff
Staff
KaTeR

PostSubject: Re: Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF   Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:49 am

Negative score solved - was camper-punishment related.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF   Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF Empty

Back to top Go down

Second Lost Soldiers server - CTF
Page 1 of 1